2. Home Grown
3. A Daily Dose Of Power
4. Beth's Page
5. motherhood...the second oldest profession
Next: select four new friends to add to the pollen count. No one is obligated to participate. (I don't usually do these, and am wildly opposed to "chain" anythings, but Beth was so nice to tag me that I guess I'll say the 4 people I know read this)
Now, please write about five things you miss from childhood.
Yikes. Couldn't I have gotten the 5 things I miss about my 20's meme? I've said it before, Oprah would probably love to make a movie about my childhood. It was that terrible. So finding 5 things I miss could be hard. Let's see....
- I miss school. I've always loved school. I wish I'd gone to more of it.
- I miss church. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss religion at all. But the institution of church was, well, comforting.
- On that same note, I miss believing in things. I believed in god, I believed my dad was a superhero. I had faith. I don't necessarily mean spiritual faith, just that wide-eyed child wonder sort of faith.
- I miss family. I haven't talked to 90% of my immediate family in 14 years. I can barely remember what my brothers & sister look like. I came from a family of 6 immediate siblings, and only see 2 of them, and we're more distant friends than family. I miss the rest. I see my friends who have close families, and I envy that. I wonder what it would be like to have siblings as an adult.
- I miss where I grew up. Not some much the neighborhood, but the state. Delaware is really, really beautiful. Old trees, humidity, the Atlantic, 5 minutes to Philly, ridiculous food. The air smelled so nice. I miss fog and heavy snow and rain for days and more green than you could imagine. I miss getting lost in the woods, catching fish in the creek, watching storms out over the ocean. God, I miss it.